CTE Expo Reflection Journal

Brian Sherpa                                                                                                                           7th Period

    The objective of the CTE Expo was to introduce to upcoming freshmen what Web Design contains and to show everybody's work. It was also a good opportunity to practice communication and social skills. To prepare for the CTE Expo I had practiced on what to say to the viewers and how to greet them. I also had to get a proper business attire outfit which I'm not really used to wearing. I practiced how to give a proper handshake and how to explain the purpose of our boards. During the actual event I was a bit shy at first and just stood near my board but as I had seen a lot of freshmen looking around and talking about how Video Production was better. I felt kinda intimitaded so I had tried to pick a few frehshmen to come look at my board. Most of then weren't really interested and were a bit rude toawrds me but I didn't really let the get to my head. Once I got a viewer, he seemed to be eager to learn so I explained what Web Design is and what it contains. After that I showd him my board and explained what we had to do to complete our business cards and what typography was. At the end his friends started to come towards him and looked at my board. I had seen my peer next to me had nobody to present so we had did a little collaboration and worked together to explain more about Web Design. At least 2 of the viewers had told me they changed their mind and rather join Web Design, I felt pretty successful for a moment. In my opinion I think overall the presentation towards the audience went well. Even though most kids were just walking around, loitering on the side or just playing games on their phones. There were some kids who were actually eager to learn but they mainly went towards the computers as it caught their attention more than our boards. I think for the next CTE Expo I could improve on making my project stand out and getting viewers to come to me. My overall feeling about the Expo is it went ok maybe not great but no bad. I could see half of the freshmen interested and the other half not but they were mainly focused on the computers and the older student's work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mock Interview

HW What do FileZilla, CoreFTP & CyberDuck have in common?

Soft Skills--Networking