CE #1

Brian Sherpa
Digital Design
2/3 Period
9/17/18

  What I read about was an app knows when you’ve been in an accident  and then calls 911 for you.  In accidents where you may be unconscious, you might not be able to contact 911 or find help when you're by yourself. This may lead to worse injuries or even death if you don't get help fast. But in some cases in populated areas a stranger might call 911 for you. But life isn't always gonna go your way. So what this app does is that if the sensors  detect a sudden change in motion and force indicating that the user has been involved in an accident, the app alerts 911 without the user’s prompting. A study released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that automatic collision notification has the ability to “dramatically” reduce emergency notification times after car accidents, particularly in rural areas. The app will charge $10 a month for its services. When the app senses an accident it will contact emergency services and share the user's location. 

   I believe this app is very useful for many people who live in the rural areas or people like myself who ride bicycles or any vehicles. If I was to get hit by a car and it was a hit and run, there wouldn't be anybody to see me and if I was knocked out I can't call for help. But I feel like this app will have many disadvantages such as what if the device the app is on breaks during the accident? Will the app still send the alert? There also may be events where the app may have a false accusation of an accident in which the user can decline it which is a good thing. But until the app can solve questions I have, I don't think the app is safe to use.



https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/10/02/this-app-knows-when-youve-been-an-accident-then-it-calls-you/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0b38fd4e8e5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mock Interview

HW What do FileZilla, CoreFTP & CyberDuck have in common?

Soft Skills--Networking