CE #2
Brian Sherpa
Digital Design
2/3 Period
9/17/18
A college professor Justin Li started a discussion outside the realm of a typical computer science class. This lead to “The goal is to make students consider the real-world implications of what they are doing — that their code is not just abstract problem-solving but may have positive or negative impacts on real people,” Li said. Basically he wanted to use computer science to create logical answers in our lives.He wanted to create a class where students can challenge questions with computer science. He believed computer science can impact and change lives and the way people think in our daily lives.CS is situated in a lot of different places now. It’s not just this discrete thing that’s by itself in a little box,” she said. “In my very first class, there were a variety of math people, science people. I had a politics major in my class, a psych major.”
I believe that his class is a great idea for many students who are willing to further develop computer science skills. This doesn't only help in logical reasonings but it can help students use computer science to answer questions outside the computer world. This is a great opportunity for people to impact and change lives.This could change the way society thinks and believes. If I were Justin though, I would probably look at the disadvantages the class might have, like maybe a lot of people won't approve of this class and disband it, or people won't find an interest in it.
Comments
Post a Comment