MP3 CE #3

Brian Sherpa

                      Scientists improve smart phone battery life by up to 60 percent
 Computer scientists from Aston University have developed a way to drastically improve the battery-life of mobile devices, such as smart phones and tablets, by minimizing the power consumption of mobile apps by as much as 60 percent. The scientists developed a mobile-cloud hybrid application framework for Android that hybridises mobile apps, executing them across both mobile and cloud platforms.The research, which is published in Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies Journal, presents a solution that integrates mobile computing with cloud computing, with tools developed to identify the most power hungry parts of a mobile app and then moves them to the cloud using a technique called code-offloading. Using the code-offloading technique the 'power hungry' parts of the mobile-cloud hybrid application are first identified, and then offloaded to the cloud and executed there, instead of on the device itself. As they execute on the cloud instead of the mobile device, the device's own components are not used, power is saved which prolongs the battery life.
   My opinion on this study of increasing life battery is really relatable. For me personally my iPhone runs out of battery really fast if I go on apps like snapchat or instagram. I totally support this idea 100% and believe that this shouldn't only be for android. Since I am an apple user I want to argue that they should create the same mobile-cloud hybrid application for apple phones too. But I still have questions on how will they create this, will it be like an extra battery or will it be like a battery which will sustain your battery for a long time.

 https://techxplore.com/news/2018-11-scientists-smart-battery-life-percent.html (Aston University)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mock Interview

HW What do FileZilla, CoreFTP & CyberDuck have in common?

Soft Skills--Networking