G4C Game Jam Reflection Journal
Brian Sherpa
12/11/18
Today for this game event we were taught to program a game with sketch and I learned the basic fundamentals of game designing. The instructors were college students and helped guide me with my scratch project. I met a-lot of video game designers too which was a good experience to ask them a few questions about how to create a game. Most of them said they used html, javascript and other programing/coding softwares. It was a really fun experience to also work with my peers from school. The food they provided was amazing and it felt like a professional environment even though there were some kids there that were younger than me. During the creation of our game using scratch, I often needed help and there was an instructor who helped me, she was very generous and even taught me a few things about web design despite being a video game designer. We couldn't take pictures of some of the workspace since it was technically inside an office, there were other people's work written in the boards. I learned a-lot about programming a game and also we did many activities that involved changing a game and making it better or more fun. For example rock, paper, scissors. I, Jason, Alexander, and Damian were given a task to make the game rock, paper, scissors more fun so we added a little twist to it instead of trying to win, the goal of the game was to lose. Overall, it was quite an experience to meet new people from other schools and also learning how to design a game since in the future one of my passions is a passion for video games and I always wanted to design a game.
12/11/18
Today for this game event we were taught to program a game with sketch and I learned the basic fundamentals of game designing. The instructors were college students and helped guide me with my scratch project. I met a-lot of video game designers too which was a good experience to ask them a few questions about how to create a game. Most of them said they used html, javascript and other programing/coding softwares. It was a really fun experience to also work with my peers from school. The food they provided was amazing and it felt like a professional environment even though there were some kids there that were younger than me. During the creation of our game using scratch, I often needed help and there was an instructor who helped me, she was very generous and even taught me a few things about web design despite being a video game designer. We couldn't take pictures of some of the workspace since it was technically inside an office, there were other people's work written in the boards. I learned a-lot about programming a game and also we did many activities that involved changing a game and making it better or more fun. For example rock, paper, scissors. I, Jason, Alexander, and Damian were given a task to make the game rock, paper, scissors more fun so we added a little twist to it instead of trying to win, the goal of the game was to lose. Overall, it was quite an experience to meet new people from other schools and also learning how to design a game since in the future one of my passions is a passion for video games and I always wanted to design a game.


Comments
Post a Comment