CTE Expo
Brian Sherpa 2/9/19
The objective of this CTE EXPO is basically to present our work and what we learned over the past months of being a web designer. An additional factor to the CTE EXPO is it gives new students (freshmen) a view of how the CTE Academies are. To prepare for the CTE EXPO I had to get my whole business attire ready and I had to figure out what I want to present to the viewers. At home a day before the Expo I practiced talking to myself and selling myself in under 60 seconds, I believe this helps because most people don't like hearing people talk too much and I wanted to be more professional like by not stuttering. During the actual event, I greeted the freshmen as nicely and as professional I could be. I often lured a couple of them to come view my work and it worked out great! I was able to interact with the students and talk to them about how I made my game and website. I also explained about what the Web Design Academy holds for them such as college credits, internships, future career plans, high paying jobs, ability to learn code, etc. but some of the downside was that there were often times I tried to get a few more students to present my work but they ignored and acted rude. One thing that me and my peer Jhon did was we did a duo presentation, which basically was like he would talk about the web design academy and it's purpose and then I would come in and explain how we create websites and games using code. So it was like a team effort, we both worked together to keep it simple. Things that went really well were the transition from sophomores to juniors, so like often times some of the sophomores would present their business card project and then bring the student to the juniors so we could explain the Digital Design part. Engagement was also good during the Expo, most of the students were focused on playing our games and there were a couple who were eager to learn more about the Academy. The things that could be improved for next year's Expo is the space which we can't really change but it would be nice. There would often be a lot of students gathered in one corner and it would be difficult to move around. There would often be that one group of kids who just sit on their phones or ignore us when we want to present to them. My overall feeling about this Expo is that it went great! I'm pretty sure I encouraged some freshmen to join the Academy and they seemed to like the things they saw.
The objective of this CTE EXPO is basically to present our work and what we learned over the past months of being a web designer. An additional factor to the CTE EXPO is it gives new students (freshmen) a view of how the CTE Academies are. To prepare for the CTE EXPO I had to get my whole business attire ready and I had to figure out what I want to present to the viewers. At home a day before the Expo I practiced talking to myself and selling myself in under 60 seconds, I believe this helps because most people don't like hearing people talk too much and I wanted to be more professional like by not stuttering. During the actual event, I greeted the freshmen as nicely and as professional I could be. I often lured a couple of them to come view my work and it worked out great! I was able to interact with the students and talk to them about how I made my game and website. I also explained about what the Web Design Academy holds for them such as college credits, internships, future career plans, high paying jobs, ability to learn code, etc. but some of the downside was that there were often times I tried to get a few more students to present my work but they ignored and acted rude. One thing that me and my peer Jhon did was we did a duo presentation, which basically was like he would talk about the web design academy and it's purpose and then I would come in and explain how we create websites and games using code. So it was like a team effort, we both worked together to keep it simple. Things that went really well were the transition from sophomores to juniors, so like often times some of the sophomores would present their business card project and then bring the student to the juniors so we could explain the Digital Design part. Engagement was also good during the Expo, most of the students were focused on playing our games and there were a couple who were eager to learn more about the Academy. The things that could be improved for next year's Expo is the space which we can't really change but it would be nice. There would often be a lot of students gathered in one corner and it would be difficult to move around. There would often be that one group of kids who just sit on their phones or ignore us when we want to present to them. My overall feeling about this Expo is that it went great! I'm pretty sure I encouraged some freshmen to join the Academy and they seemed to like the things they saw.




Comments
Post a Comment