CS Fair 2019 Reflection Journal


Brian Sherpa                                                                                                                         4/2/19   

In the CS Fair I had the chance to meet with many professional companies and college students who were showing off their ideas and innovations. To prepare for this CS Fair I thought about all the questions I wanted to ask and how I could relate my web design skills to the activities there. There was this one activity me and my peers did. It was a virtual reality system where I put on a headset and they gave me hand motion controllers which acted as my hand and altered my movement. When I was inside the virtual reality world it felt like real life I actually got surprised as to how they created it. The whole design was that you would be placed inside the house and you could interact with many objects in the house. They created it using C++ which is a programming language which helped them develop the design and movement of the person. Another activity me and my peers did was the Stem Dance which we were given a following code and instructions to dance to. It was really funny and I had a great experience doing it. It was relatable with the subject we were learning in Web Design, they gave us a program to run and it was dance movements that we had to follow, there were if statements and functions that we did. There was a raffle that was involved too which you had to be lucky to win it. I also got the chance to interact with colleges and they provided me with information about the computer science courses they had. Going to this CS Fair is a good opportunity for us web designers to enhance our social skills and our knowledge on programming. I learned about a company called Pilot who taught us about the connection between people and the internet.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mock Interview

HW What do FileZilla, CoreFTP & CyberDuck have in common?

Soft Skills--Networking